#JAYDECAPSULEAW19 – MY AUTUMN/WINTER CAPSULE OUTFITS ON INSTAGRAM
With the change of seasons comes capsule wardrobe time again! This time I’m doing something a bit different too – instead of creating my next capsule just for autumn, it’s going to be for autumn and for winter. So rather than cover three months of the year it will cover six months. For me this means less hassle, because I don’t need to update it so frequently and less temptation to add new items. Something I’m still trying to get better at is investing in long term pieces rather than updating pieces frequently. And while I am way way better at this than I used to be, this is just a further little push to help me get even better than I am now.
Drawing out from my normal three month capsule to a six month capsule has also meant that I have a few more pieces than normal. In the past I have tried to stick to less than 40 pieces including clothes and shoes, but this capsule came in just over with a total of 41 pieces. I’ve also mixed my colour palette up just a little bit but I’ll share more about that below!
Sustainability and Ethics in my Capsules ECO
For the past nine months I have been making a conscious effort to ensure any new pieces I add are coming from ethical/sustainable brands. After doing lots of research about the best (and most beautiful – because it’s still important to love what you wear) ethical/sustainable fashion brands I put together a list of my favourites here.
Look for the ECO symbol next to items that are from ethical and/or sustainable brands.
Black / White / Blush / Lilac / Orchid / Berry
Last autumn and winter I had a deep berry colour as one of my features, but this year I wanted to mix things up a little bit so I’ve decided to stick to a more pastel themed palette, with a lilac twist. As I was looking through my storage boxes (I keep two in total and rotate items throughout the year, you can see my exact set up here), I noticed that I have a few lilac and lavender pieces that I love but haven’t included in any recent capsules. So I was inspired by these pieces to put a pastel twist on this capsule.
To help keep everything quite versatile I’ve stuck to a harmonious colour palette (this means that all of the colours I’ve included sit next to each other on the colour wheel), which allows me to have more colour without going over the top.
In my creating a capsule wardrobe post series I give guidelines around 30, 40 and 50 piece wardrobes. For my autumn/winter pastel capsule wardrobe my total count came to 41 pieces. I have had a varying number across my capsules so far and I have found that between 35-40 is a good number to try and stick to – enough pieces to mix and match but not too many that you start to get overwhelmed with choice. I mentioned earlier, but the reason I’ve gone a little over my max of 40 is because I will be keeping this capsule for six months instead of my usual three.
Autumn/Winter – Fresh/Cold
This capsule wardrobe has been put together for a northern hemisphere autumn.winter so is suitable for temperatures ranging from 0-25°C (30-80°F). I’ve included plenty of cosy pieces in fabrics that layer well without getting crumpled, with just a few fancier pieces for special occasions.
WORK FROM HOME / TRAVEL / CASUAL
We all have unique lives and styles so this capsule has been put together as an example. It also gives you some good insight into how many pieces you may want to include in each category. I work from home, travel quite a lot and have a casual style. This means that I choose comfy pieces that layer well without crinkling and are easy to pack. As an example, if you have an office job and/or dressier style you could swap long sleeve tops for blouses or button-up shirts, jeans for capris and sneakers for flats.
If you have a very contrasting style for work and home (for example you like being dressier for work and more casual for home) you may want to consider having two smaller seperate capsules to cater to both, or one larger capsule to include everything.
Want a little tour through my summer capsule wardrobe? I’ll be adding my try-on video here very soon!
OUTFITS + PACKING LISTS
I will update this space with any outfits and packing lists I put together throughout the season.
AUTUMN/WINTER PASTEL CAPSULE WARDROBE ITEMS LIST
Like these pieces? You can shop them and support Jayde Archives at the same time by using some of the affiliate links below:
- Lilac Cami (old, similar here ECO or here ECO)
- Everlane Air Crew Tee* ECO
- Free People Tee (old, similar here)
- Madewell Ruffle Sleeve Tee (old, similar here)
- August the Label Clementine Shirt ECO
- Everlane White Box-Cut Long Sleeve ECO
- Everlane Stripe Box-Cut Long Sleeve ECO
- Free People Kai Henley Top (old, similar here ECO)
- Frill Sleeve Top (old, similar here ECO)
- Marimekko Silk Button Down* ECO (similar here ECO)
- Everlane Crew Cashmere Sweater ECO (in lavender here)
- Everlane V-Neck Cashmere Sweater ECO
- Armed Angels Organic Cotton Knit ECO
- Fluffy Sweater (old, similar here ECO)
- Everlane Alpaca Sweater ECO
- Armed Angels Hoodie ECO
- Cable Knit Sweater (old, similar here ECO)
- Club Knit Heavy Wool Sweater ECO
- Esprit EDC Cardigan (old, similar here ECO)
- Everlane Cocoon Coat ECO
- Free People Teddy Pea Coat (old, similar here)
- Selected Femme Wool Coat ECO
- Everlane Renew Puffer Jacket* ECO
- Checked Coat (old, similar here ECO)
- Puffer Coat (old, similar here ECO)
- Free People Skirt (old, similar here ECO)
- Son de Flor Classic Skirt ECO
- Rowie Jessie Mini Dress ECO
- Son de Flor Classic Dress* ECO
- Lucy & Yak Organic Dungarees* ECO
- White Skinny Jeans (old, similar here ECO)
- Mom Jeans (old, similar here ECO)
- & Other Stories Straight Jeans ECO
- Armed Angels Ingaa Skinny Jeans ECO
- Everlane Day Glove Flats ECO
- Veja Esplar Sneakers ECO
- Black Boots (old, similar here ECO)
- Blundstone Chelsea Boots ECO
- Timberland Boots
- Panama Jack Felia Igloo Boots
- Sorel Tivoli Boots
Sometimes I use affiliate links and feature products that were kindly gifted to me, all gifted items are marked with a *. However all opinions are 100% my own. I only ever recommend brands and things that I personally love!
If you loved this post I think you’ll enjoy these too…
Creating your Capsule Post Series + Free Workbook / My Colourful Summer Capsule Wardrobe
Ohh I love your wardrobe and the colors! I am totally in love!!