Next week we are off to Belgium for a week of adventuring! We are attempting another mostly unplanned slow travel trip – if you’re not sure what I mean by ‘slow travel’ I explain it all here for you! All of the pieces I’ve included in my carry-on only wardrobe for this trip are from my winter capsule wardrobe – so it took me all of five minutes to throw it all together! Which is a huge accomplishment for someone who used to take up to two hours to pack for a few days away… painful!
This travel capsule wardrobe is perfect for chilly winter weather. Packing for the cold with bulky items is always more challenging especially when you are taking carry-on only. My biggest tip is to make sure you wear your heaviest shoes, sweater and coat on the plane – that way you save the most space and weight in your bag.
I’ve put together this travel capsule wardrobe for a city getaway to Belgium (you can now read all about our time in Brussels here, Bruges here and Ghent here). We will be taking it easy and exploring Brussels, Bruges and Ghent. And anywhere else we decide to add in along the way! The weather forecast is looking quite cool so I’ve included lots of layering pieces, cosy sweaters, warm coats and a few cute accessories like my pom-pom beanie.
Clothes + Accessories Packing List
- Witchery Grey long sleeve (or similar here)
- ASOS Stripe long sleeve (or similar here and here)
- Nordstrom Blush peplum top
- Uniqlo White linen shirt
- Oysho Beige fluffy knit (or similar here)
- Witchery Grey knit (old, similar here or here)
- H&M Beige cable knit sweater (old, similar here)
- One Teaspoon White skinny jeans
- Pull Bear Blue mom jeans
- Mango Blue faux-ripped skinny jeans (I struggled to find the faux-rip jeans and ended up getting them from Mango last year)
- Grey trench coat (old)
- Checked coat (old, similar here or here)
- Free People Pastel blue scarf
- H&M Checked scarf
- H&M Blush pom-pom beanie
- Ugg Brown leather gloves
- Adidas Superstars Leather sneakers
- Panama Jack Brown winter boots
Other Items Packing List
- 2 x singlets for layering
- 2 x thermal tights for layering
- 1 x pyjamas
- 3 x socks
- Lip balm
- Journal + pen
- Noise cancelling headphones
- DLSR Camera and charger
- Phone charger
- Battery pack for charging on the go
- Universal adaptor
For full details on how and what I pack for my carry-on toiletries take a peek at this post.
Below I’ve put together the outfits I plan to wear over our seven day trip. I’m a fan of doing this before we leave. That way there is zero stress getting dressed each day. You can easily do the same by laying out your outfits and getting a photo of them on your phone to look back at. To make things even simpler you can even put them into a ‘travel outfits’ album so the photos don’t get lost amongst all the travel snaps you’ll be getting!
Have your tried packing a travel capsule wardrobe for Belgium and if so what are your carry-on essentials for a winter city break? I’d love to hear below.
These items are from my winter 17 capsule and if you like you can shop them and support Jayde Archives at the same time by using some of the affiliate links included in this post.
If you loved this post I think you’ll enjoy these too…
My ’17/18 Winter Capsule Wardrobe / Creating your Capsule Wardrobe Post Series + Free Workbook