You know those moments that just take your breath away? Well I had about 547 of them (in the space of an hour) at Illuminarium Zurich. Stumbling across this Christmas light festival on our way home from Bern (which is officially the most instagrammable winter city in the world by the way), was the most mesmerising surprise.
If you are in Zurich over the next month this spot is a must see! It is free to enter (and you thought it couldn’t get any better!) and is open from 5pm everyday from the 16th November to the 31st December 2017. I’m crossing my fingers hard that they have it on again next year too.
But what do you do at Illuminarium Zurich? Well… here are my recommendations:
- Ride a giant rocking-unicorn – number one priority obviously
- Get a sore neck from looking up at the enchanting lights for an hour straight
- Head to the bar and get a gluhwein – try the white version, it was delightful!
- Fill up on cheesey goodness in the prettiest little fondue shack you’ve ever seen
- Warm up by a bonfire with a Baileys nightcap in hand
Those are all of the important details but if you are still after more info check out illuminarium.ch. I’d love to hear about the last time you stumbled across something that was so enchanting it made your day in the comments below!
LIKE MY OUTFIT?
These items are from my ’17/18 Winter Capsule Wardrobe. You can shop them and support Jayde Archives at the same time by using some of the affiliate links below:
- H&M grey turtleneck sweater
- Blush teddy coat (old, similar here or here)
- One Teaspoon white skinny jeans
- Timberland nubuck boots
- Daniel Wellington watch
If you loved this post I think you’ll enjoy these too…
A Magical Weekend in the Most Instagrammable Winter City in the World / Highlights of our First Year Living in Switzerland