There is nothing I love more than a good ruffle or two to pretty up an outfit! Especially when paired with some casual denim and sandals (I’ll take any excuse to wear shorts or jeans)! There is just something so fun and girly about frills – they always put me in a good mood. But today I wanted to talk about my tips for wearing ruffle tops and share some of my favourite picks!
Whether it’s frilled sleeves, small frill details or big fluffy all over frills there are a few rules I like to keep in mind when shopping for new frills:
- Even though frills are supposed to add a bit of volume to your outfit, it’s important that they are still well fitted. You don’t want to look like you are drowning in ruffles.
- I prefer to stick to lighter colours and pastel shades so that you can see the frills really well. Sometimes they get lost in black and dark colours because you can’t see their shadows.
- Pair with casual denim for a more understated, everyday look.
- Make your ruffles the focus point by choosing plain colours or subtle patterns and simple accessories.
- Get extra pretty with textured fabrics, lace or mesh.
My Favourite Ruffle Tops
I got the top I am wearing here in the Zara sale for a great price – originally a halter neck I got all DIY and sewed the straps at the back! But there are just so many pretty ruffled tops around at the moment so I thought I’d share all of my favourites with you:
How do you love to wear your ruffles? Let me know below!